Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Anonymous - A girl and her anxious mind

Anonymous - A girl and her anxious mind.


A mini poem from a girl who wants to be freed from her anxious mind... 

I’ve spent most of my life being shouted at, 
Most of my life feeling alone.
I’m an introverted extrovert who just seems to want to moan.
It’s not what I want, I want fun instead of tears,
I only moan because inside I’m full of fears.

In my younger years I’ve been hit, I’ve been emotionally abused and felt such shame,
Its in the past where that belongs so should no longer cause me pain.
I’ve found someone new but struggle to show them love. 
I just wish I wasn’t so anxious, so I could spread my wings like a dove.

I’m so kind and so happy in my life but I do often feel alone.
All I want is a cuddle and not to feel like I’m a constant moan.
I worry about time and what we're having for tea, 
These are no big deals to some but they are so important to me.

I want my parents to be happy, I want them to visit and be in my life,
I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever be truly happy or even be someone’s wife?
I never want to hurt people, I want to enforce a change,
I'd change it all, just to stop from going insane.

I promise myself I will stop thinking as it doesn’t do me good,
I wish I could just accept me for me, I know that I should.
I promise to make a fresh start, to really try my best,
I promise to wake up each day, make the most of it and not be stressed! 

I’m blessed to have a life and kids and blessed to be alive.
I’m blessed to feel fit and healthy and to have a lovely house and not a dive.
I’m blessed to be loving and caring and know one day my dreams will all come true, 
I’ll be blessed with happiness like fresh air and no longer feeling blue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephen’s Story

Stephen of SMART Fitness and his story about his struggle with anxiety and depression and how physical fitness has helped him ease his menta...